Nielsen Collaboration- Sustainability Research
GENERATE BREAK THROUGH INSIGHTS IN SUSTAINABILITY
With the Institute's LOHAS Sustainability Segmentation
The Institute Lifestyles of Health & Sustainability Segmentation (LOHAS)
Consumers incorporate eco-focused behaviors in their lives in many different ways, at varying levels and for different reasons. Organizations of all types need to understand today's sustainability dimensions: who the green/sustainability consumers really are, how they interact in the marketplace, and what prices they are willing (or not) to pay for additional sustainability attributes.
The NielsenIQ Company has partnered with Natural Marketing Institute to provide in-depth insights into consumer purchasing as it relates to health and sustainability attitudes and behavior, by overlaying actual purchase data onto the Institute's LOHAS Segmentation framework.
The Institute's analysis of the U.S. population's attitudes and behaviors regarding health and wellness has long indicated that there are clearly identifiable health and wellness segments.
The Institute's LOHAS segmentation is the first and only consumer insight tool to measure and trend the sustainability marketplace classifying the U.S. population into one of five mutually exclusive segments: LOHAS, NATURALITES, DRIFTERS, CONVENTIONALS and UNCONCERNED. The segments run along a continuum from those most engaged with issues related to health and sustainability (the LOHAS consumer) to those who are not engaged (the UNCONCERNED).
- Over 50,000 Homescan households are scored to the 5 mutually exclusive Institute segments
- Segments also aligned with PRIZM clusters
- Longitudinal view of panel data
- Ongoing collaboration since 2007
- Understand your consumers across the health and wellness spectrum
- Identify opportunities for new brands, categories, competitors or existing products
- Attain greater return on investment (ROI) by identifying and targeting your optimal consumer
Scoring NielsenIQ Homescan to the Institute's LOHAS Segmentation
Homescan panelists are now scored into the five LOHAS Institute segments.
This segmentation allows you to quantify the segments on actual purchase behavior such as:
- Category and brands purchased including trial and repeat purchasing and brand switching patterns
- Retail channels and retailers shopped including key measures of shopping frequency and basket ring
Contact us for more information.